Wednesday, November 10, 2010

He's missing jury duty, but serving the Lord!

Dearly Beloved,

Of all the times to get called to do Jury Duty in my young youthful life it had to be when I was 10,000 miles away darn it all.

Well here I am in this internet cafe and I am thinking about what happened this past week. well perhaps too much to remember. Or too little to forget...either way I am at a loss of words.

We met with 2 new investigators this week and we are going to have to pass them because they do not live in our area...but we are getting passed someone with a baptismal date, so that will be great to be able to work with and teach someone so prepared to hear the good news.

It’s hard to believe that I have been on my mission for almost 5 months...and I still don’t know the daggum mother tounge. There are a bajillion words and they all conjugate differently and it’s blowing my brains out the back of my skull! But I love it so much and I can’t wait till I can freely gavareet c loodyamie.

oh yeah, visa trip is coming up in a few weeks. It only takes about a day and if I get to Kieve at the right time then I can do a session in the Temple!!! I can’t wait to go to the Lord's House.

I got a new tie for about a dollar at the second hand store cuz it looks like picasso sneezed all over it.
I also went on a split with the international Elders while my Comp and one of them was in a training meeting. Oh yeah, Elder Rudd is our district leader, I don’t know if I told you that...but anyways we chilled with these awesome guys from Nigeria, one of them is named Clement and we had a lesson and challenged two of them to baptism and they were totally stoked. The difference between teaching Russians and Africans is about 100 to 1. Probably something to do with the Africans humble circumstances, I don’t know. I sure do love the Russian people though, there are no other people like them.

We were in a meeting the other day with Babushka Alla...she was the very first meeting I had in Russia, and we have probably visited her about 5 or 6 times...anyways she talked for an hour straight about anything under the sun and one of the things she said is if there is one thing that you can gain from talking with Russians and one thing that Russians give for free, its advice. Russians are all about giving advice, and sometimes its right on the mark but other times its just totally awesome....like if you are ever sick they will tell you to eat honey and sniff an onion or do something crazy like sleep with garlic in you socks...anyways, bab alla is awesome and she gave me and Elder Rudd ties, and mine is an awesome soviet tie...and a soviet sweater too.

It’s hard to stay stoked and positive about missionary work all the time, sometimes you just have to step back and think about how much you love it...it’s hard to have that broad perspective when you are living second by second.

I went to a japanese restaurant and now I like sushi.

I got a haircut today and it looks way rooskie (russian) Short on the sides and a bit longer than normal on the top and a little longer in the front. dont worry, its можна.

darn jury duty.

well, until next time, have a wonderful winter.

oh its not too cold here yet, i went and got my haircut in shorts today and it wasn’t even cold...but apparently this winter is supposed to make record lows, we're talking -40C (about -40 F)_

well happy thanksgiving. I’m thankful for 10 cent loaves of bread.

Your Friend in Time,
Elder митчелл джонсон пал

1 comment:

  1. Man I just love this kid so much!!! Makes me laugh every Wednesday : )

    ReplyDelete