Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We got Mitchell's first e-mail!!!

We got Mitchell's first E-mail! Here are some excerpts of it for you!

Its been about a week in the MTC and i have already learned more than i have learned in 4 years of High School.. I am now saying simple prayers and bearing a simple testimony in Russian. We learned the alphabet in about an hour or two on the second day. This first week has felt like at least 3 or 4 weeks. My companion is Elder Ablett, from Cambridge, and our district consists of 8 elders and 2 sisters...My zone consists of two districts, the other district only has 5 missionaries, so church on Sunday had about 20 people. I conducted and attempted to sing the Russian hymn at the same time.. I am learning so much and having a great time.. My companion and i get along very well, which is good because we have to spend every minute together....we even have to go to the loo together..

PS.. some interesting things about my mission: we will have cell phones, the moscow mission is now almost entirely in the city of moscow, so chances are, thats where i will be for my whole mission.. I still dont know who the new mission president is, but they come in for training tomorrow along with the twelve apostles, so i might get to meet him, and we might even get a visit from an apostle! there are something like 14 branches in my mission, but i can't quite remember......well my time is out now, so talk to you again in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment